Indy Women in Tech Championship presented by Guggenheim
- Indy Women in Tech Championship
- Full field (144 Players) Official LPGA event.
- Three day stroke play tournament (Sept 7-9).
- Cut after two days to 70 and ties.
- $2 million purse, $300,000 winner’s check.
- September 4-9, 2017
- Brickyard Crossing Golf Course.
- Designed by Pete Dye.
- 4 holes inside the Speedway oval, 14 holes adjacent to back stretch of the race track.
- Previous host to PGA Tour Champions Comfort Classic (1994-2000) and Indiana State Open Championship (2009 & 2015).
The Indy Women in Tech Championship will make an annual commitment to support local initiatives financially and through marketing platforms preceding and onsite at the LPGA event with a particular focus on:
- Expanding the reach of robotic programs in schools.
- Providing opportunity to expand Stem days.
- Programs that enable professional/full-time athletes to gain the network, confidence, support and skills to enter the full-time workforce.
- Initiatives aimed at exposing high school girls to the potential of the tech industry as a career.
- Initiatives aimed at women who have been away from the workforce and equipping them with the skills needed to use tech as a vehicle back to the workforce.
- Initiatives aimed at showcasing Indy as a tech hub destination for business and talent.
Indy Women in Tech Inc. – www.indywit.com
TO INSPIRE WOMEN AND GIRLS OF ALL AGES TO PURSUE STEM RELATED EMPLOYMENT IN INDIANA BY EXPOSING THEM TO EXPERIENCES AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES IN THE FIELDS OF SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING AND MATHEMATICS AS WELL AS PROVIDE THE NECESSARY FINANCIAL SUPPORT, TRAINING, AND EDUCATION.